Last Updated: 16 July, 2019
Our App, Site and Services are only intended for individuals of the age of majority. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors.
We may collect the following categories of information in connection with your use of our App, Site and Services, including but not limited to:
- When you register for the Services, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as an email address and password.
- You may also be asked to provide identification information upon registration, including your first and last name, gender and date of birth.
- You may also provide Kolomoni with certain credentials for third party payment services ("Third Party s") when you authorize us to connect to them on your behalf.
- By using the App or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about your Devices and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
- We may also request or receive other information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Services. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect, including your personal information, for the purposes of:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Kolomoni and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
In order to allow you to use our App, or Services, we may be required to verify your identity. To do so, we may, directly or through our service providers, use information you provide and verify it against our service providers’ databases or through other sources. We may use your information to verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance with the App, or Services.
When you use the App, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the "Device ID"). Device IDs allow app developers, advertisers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data.
We may use your Device ID to contact you directly through push notifications. Additionally, we may use Device IDs to monitor suspicious activity.
How we disclose the information we collect
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
- With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your Kolomoni account.
- With non-financial companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf, and fraud prevention service providers that use the information to provide services to Kolomoni and other companies.
- With another user, when you sign up for Kolomoni's services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with Kolomoni. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll.
- With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows.
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Kolomoni or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Kolomoni's assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We protect the information we collect
We take the security of your information seriously. We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards, such as, but not limited to, firewalls, encryption techniques and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your information. Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
While we do all that we reasonably can to make sure that our App, your Kolomoni Account and our Services, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures or access your personal information for improper purposes. Your online access may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access, update, and correct any of your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
You may also access, review, and update much of the information you have submitted to us at any time via the App, Site or Services. You may also choose to close or request that we delete your account for the Services at any time.
You have the option of receiving periodic App, or Services related alerts, weekly summaries, notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email. You may choose to sign-up or stop receiving alerts, summaries, newsletters and promotions by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive. Please note that certain Service-related messages that we send are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those messages.
Third party offers, advertisements, and data collection
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.